The Women Development Cell is constituted to maintain a harmonious atmosphere at the college premises. This Cell functions as the "Complaints Committee" as required by the "Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act 2013".
Committee members are as follows:
|Name of Member
|Dr. Pushpa S. Tayde - Principal
|Dr. Suchitra S. Patne
|Prof. Sonali Bansod
|Ms. Gayatri Mahtwane
|Adv. Anita Thakre
|Ms. Sumera Sheikh
- To raise awareness on gender equality issues.
- To safeguard the rights of female students, faculty and staff members.
- To provide a platform to register women complaints and redressal of their grievance.
- To create awareness about hygiene and health
- To equip them with the knowledge of their legal rights.
- To conduct self-defense training
- To conduct seminars and lectures by the eminent to stop violence against women, sexual harassment at work and about health, hygiene etc.
According to the Hon. Supreme Court of India definition of sexual harassment is any unwelcome sexually determined behavior, such as:
- Physical contact and advances
- Demand or request for sexual favors
- Sexually Colored remarks
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature
- Students report their grievance to the class Mentor.
- The student can also report directly to the President/Secretary of Women Dev Cel
An appropriate disciplinary action would be taken against any member who involved in harassment.
Complaint and Redressal Mechanism:
- The grievance reported to the class Mentor would be discussed with HoD and an appropriate solution is found out. If not solved at this level then grievance is taken up to the Principal and legal advisor.
- The complainant shall be summoned to hear complaints (if necessary).
- After hearing of complaints, the committee shall take appropriate decision.
No case of sexual harassment is reported till date in the college.
Handbook on Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace 2018