The Placement and Career Counselling Cell of LokMahavidyalayaWardha has taken initiatives to help the students to get exposure to the need of the job industry and employment. The Cell aims to create awareness of career and provides information that helps the students to identify their interest and aspirations. The Cell motivates the students to undertake employment and entrepreneurship. Career Counselling and Placement Cell organizes the programmes like Guest lectures, interactive sessions by the eminent persons, visits to the industry, workshops. The cell also organises the programmes on soft skills development among the students.
Aims and Objectives:
- To help the students to choose the career of their interest and aspirations.
- To motivate students to identify and undertake the employment and entrepreneurship.
- To give employment information.
- To organize Campus interviews.
- To organize Guest lectures and motivational speeches.
- To create awareness about entrepreneurship.
- To display various job advertisement coming in employment news, opportunities and career columns in leading newspapers.
- Developing the Soft skills among students which require grab job opportunities from the job industry.
- Dr. Pushpa S. Tayde - Chairman
- Prof. Mohan Sonurkar- Co-ordinator
- Dr. Anil Surkar - Member
- Prof. Sonali Bansod- Member
Activities of the Cell:
Academic Session 2015-16:
- The Cell organised the speech on ‘Digital India’ underscoring the importance of digital literacy for increasing the employability of the students. The expertise professionals from MKCL and Padmavati Infotech Private Ltd, Mr. KishorChoudhary, Mr. SourabhNakhale, Mr. Sachin Barhate and Mr. Akash Dongre conducted the programme on 21st July 2015.
- The government recognised training institute, Youth Change conducted the workshop on 10th August 2015. The experts guided the students to the basics of Tally, DTP and Data Entry.
- The cell referred Fifteen students of our college for appearing in campus interview conducted by TCS Company which was invited by G. S. Commerce College, Wardha. The interview was held in August 2015.
- On 12th Sept 2015, the college invited the Apple Career Institute Wardha in avail guidance for students. The resource persons, Mr. SumitUrkudkar and Mr. MukeshBhave motivated students to initiate the self-employment. They also guided how to identify the opportunity in market, the procedure for licence and registration of the firm.
IT Park Wardha guided the students on Career Opportunity in Corporate Sectors on 22nd Sept 2015. They also nominated the desired students for corporate training.
- Avaya Farm Specialities Company interviewed and selected Ten students of the college for marketing job. Ten students of college were selected for the post of Area Manager.
- The college organised the Mahajob Fair in collaboration with Vision and SanskrutiCenter for Social Reconstruction, Wardha. The names of college students as well as outside students were registered for the job requirement.
Academic Session 2016-17:
- Guest lecture on Career Opportunities in Foreign Languages was organized on 12 July 2016. Guest speakers, Dr. Ravi Kumar, Dr. Shailesh Kadam and Dr.Anirvan Ghosh of Mahatma Gandhi International Hindi Uni. Wardha addressed the students.
- Mr. Arab Adhikari, the leadership trainer of Life Changing Training Programme oriented the students on motivational transformation on 17th July 2016.
- Eminent literati, Dr. DamodarKhadse and eminent poets, Dr. MukundraoTapkire and Dr.Gajanan Pathak from Pune delivered lectures on 7th Oct 2016. They guided and counselled the students on career in creative writing.
- Prof. Prakash Nathe, Retired Librarian at YeshwantMahavidyalaya, Seloo, DistWardha addressed the students on ―Importance of Reading on the occasion of birth anniversary of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam on 15th Oct 2016.
- Mr. Suresh Ganraj, Instructor, Self-employment Dept of Govt. of Maharashtra, delivered lecture on Self-employment is indeed the need of Age on 22nd Oct 2016.
Academic Session 2017-18:
- A lecture on ‘Banking Career’ was organised in collaboration with Commerce Dept on 16/09/2017. The lecture was delivered by HDFC bank officers, Mr. Shridhar Kulkarni and Mr. Pratik Dhobe.
- A expertise talk on ‘The Importance and Scope of Self-employment’ was organised on 15/02/2018. Mr. HaridasKhelkar, a credit officer from Bajaj Finance Ltd, illumined the students.
Placement & Career Counselling Reports
Useful Job Links